THE GOSPEL LIGHT MINUTE
with Daniel Whyte III
The night before Whitney Houston suddenly died, she sang the words to an old hymn titled "Yes, Jesus Loves Me" at a pre-Grammy party. This song has been sung by young children in Sunday School and prominent musical artists alike down through the years. Allow me to read a few lines of this wonderful song:
Click the play button below to listen to this broadcast.
For more Gospel Light
Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.
Jesus loves me! He will stay
Close beside me all the way;
Thou hast bled and died for me,
I will henceforth live for Thee.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
As far as we know, "Yes, Jesus Loves Me" is the last song that the queen of pop, Whitney Houston, who many are calling "the Voice", sung. We all want to experience love in our lives. We want to know that someone loves us just for who we are. Well, God is really the only Somebody who loves us just for who we are, unconditionally and fully, without fail. He offers the kind of love that makes life worth living. Yes, indeed, Jesus does love you and Yes, indeed, Jesus does love me, and Yes, indeed, Jesus does love Whitney. His love is a love that you don't have to earn. It is an unconditional love that is stronger than any human love. We do not know if Whitney Houston was a Christian or not. We hope that when she was a little girl singing at New Hope Baptist Church that she accepted Christ into her heart. We do know however that if she received Jesus Christ into her heart and believed that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again, her soul is now at rest in Heaven with the Lord. Do you want to experience this unconditional love of God in your life and go to Heaven when you die? Well, let me show you how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God's law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: "For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not." Romans 3:23 reads: "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don't think that you're alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death..."
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: "For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast."
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
If you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me the following simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
Congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour!
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!
Daniel Whyte III has spoken in meetings across the United States and in twenty-three foreign countries. He is the author of sixteen books. He is also the president of Gospel Light Society International, a worldwide evangelistic ministry that reaches thousands with the Gospel each week, as well as president of Torch Ministries International, a Christian literature ministry which publishes a monthly magazine called The Torch Leader. He is heard by thousands each week on his radio broadcasts, The Prayer Motivator Devotional and the Prayer Motivator Minute, as well as Gospel Light Minute X, the Gospel Light Minute, and the Sunday Evening Evangelistic Message. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Theology from Bethany Divinity College, a Bachelor's degree in Religion from Texas Wesleyan University, and a Master's degree in Religion from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He has been married to the former Meriqua Althea Dixon, of Christiana, Jamaica for twenty-five years. God has blessed their union with seven children. Find out more at www.danielwhyte3.com.