by BCNN1 Editors
If Christians showed the same enthusiasm and excitement for the Lord as they showed for their political candidate, we can win more people to Christ, help change more lives permanently, build more churches, and make the world a better place.
Election seasons are always an exciting time in our country. Millions of people get motivated by the speeches, slogans, and campaign ads of the candidate they support. They are eager to attend rallies, volunteer at local campaign offices, hit the streets to pass out literature promoting their candidates' views, knock on doors and register people to vote, and arrange for transportation to get others out to the polls. The sad thing about this is that many of these people are Christians, and these Christians show more enthusiasm for a sinful, human, lying politician than they do for Jesus Christ.
Just as a political candidate calls on his supporters to go out and spread his message, Jesus Christ has also called on His followers to spread the message of salvation to all the world. In Matthew 28:19-20, He said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." If you, as a Christian, can go out and enthusiastically tell people about a political candidate who you support, certainly you can go out and with even greater enthusiasm tell people about Jesus Christ who saved your soul and offers His gift of salvation to everyone.
You see, the main problems in our nation cannot be resolved by politics because they are not political problems. The main problems in our nation are spiritual, and they only can be resolved with a spiritual solution. And that spiritual solution is saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
It is our responsibility as Christians to share the Gospel with those around us as Jesus Christ commanded us to. Before our nation's problems such as abortion, marital infidelity, homosexuality, drug use, alcoholism, illicit sexual behaviour, etc., can be solved, a much deeper problem must be dealt with, and that is the problem of sin. And the only way that the sin problem can be solved is through Jesus Christ.
So, dear Christian friend, if we really want to see our nation changed, transformed, and placed back on the right track, let's get busy sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Based on the strategies and tactics of political campaigns, below are specific things that you can do to share the message of Jesus Christ:
- Just as you went out and knocked on doors to register people to vote, and to encourage people to vote for your candidate, go out and knock on doors to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with your neighbors to introduce them to your Saviour.
- Just as you volunteered at a phone bank for a political candidate, make phone calls to invite people to come to church or to accept Christ as their Saviour.
- Just as you donated money to a political campaign, tithe to your local church regularly and give money to Christian ministries across the nation.
- Just as you went to political rallies and shouted and cheered and raised your hands in the air for your candidate, you should be eager to go to church and shout and cheer and raise your hands in the air for Jesus.
- Just as you posted messages on Twitter and Facebook reflecting your enthusiasm for a political candidate, post messages on Twitter and Facebook reflecting your enthusiasm for Jesus Christ and the Word of God.
- Just as some of you picked up people to take them to vote, pick up people to take them to church.
- Just as you attended caucus meetings to connect with others of your political affiliation, attend church regularly to connect with other Christians and study the Bible.
- Just as you volunteered to work at a campaign office, volunteer down at God's House and help out your local church in any way that you can.
- Just as you placed bumper stickers on your car, campaign signs in your front yard, and wore campaign t-shirts to promote your candidate, promote the message of the Gospel in similar ways.
The key thing to remember in all of this is that a political campaign only has the potential to put a man in office for four years, but God can use a campaign for the lost souls of America to get people into a right relationship with Him, and get them into Heaven for all eternity!
from the Editors at BCNN1