Winter months can be rough for people who are allergic to mold spores and dust mites, and holiday decorations may contribute to the problem.
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
"During the winter, families spend more time indoors, exposing allergic individuals to allergens and irritants like dust mites, pet dander, smoke, household sprays and chemicals, and gas fumes -- any of which can make their lives miserable," Dr. William Reisacher, director of the Allergy Center at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, said in a medical center news release.
One way to prevent a winter allergy flare-up is to keep holiday decorations mold-free.
"Mold spores can cause additional problems compared to pollen allergy because mold grows anywhere and needs little more than moisture and oxygen to thrive," said Dr. Rachel Miller, director of allergy and immunology at the Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, which is part of the medical center.
Click here to read more.
SOURCE: HealthDay News
Mary Elizabeth Dallas