Martha Stewart got salmonella, a common form of food poisoning, after handing too many Thanksgiving turkeys this year, reports the New York Post.
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
Stewart, who had to cancel meetings and appearances in late November, told the Post that the food-borne illness was a doozy, and that she was "in bed for days."
"I never get sick, but I came down with salmonella," she said. "I think I caught it because I was handling so many turkeys around Thanksgiving. I was on the 'Today' show, I did a number of other [Thanksgiving] appearances."
Salmonella, an infection caused by bacteria whose symptoms usually include fever, diarrhea and abdominal cramps, can be a very serious, but the domestic diva reassured the Post that she has made a complete recovery. And that there was even a sliver of a silver lining.
"I lost some weight," Stewart said.